Thursday, 31 July 2014
Monday, 28 July 2014
Thursday, 24 July 2014
I don’t know about you, but I am LOVING this unusually hot British summer... unfortunately I can’t say the same for my face. The shining, the sliding, it’s never a good look! Especially on a night out. I created this look last Saturday. I wanted to look done, but NOT TOO DONE, bronzy and most importantly, sweat proof.
Liner I went for Lancôme Le Crayon Kohl in Noir – not a waterproof eyeliner per se but a tried and tested non-budger. Again because I didn’t want a heavy eye so avoided smudging and winging. Just a simple line up top and some tight lining along the upper and lower lash lines. Finished off with lashings of Chanel Volume de Chanel Mascara.
Happy Summer Nights Everyone!
Monday, 21 July 2014
When you need to Fake the Glow, which products do you rely on?
Saturday, 19 July 2014
It’s been a while since I’ve raved about a nail polish... because it’s been a while since one’s excited me. But this could be my favourite shade since Essie Mint Candy Apple – and you know how much I lurve that one!
I like it so much I felt compelled to put it on my toes too – and I never do the matchy, matchy thing. Is it naff, is it not? I don’t know, but I do know this is the perfect happy, summery shade without being TOO LOUD.
Wednesday, 16 July 2014
Left-right (sort of)
- MAC Blot Powder Medium Dark £20. My favourite handbag compact! The lightweight powder helps to set make up and rid the shine. I reach for this throughout the day for little touch ups. It combats shiny patches without being matte or powdery plus it’s more or less colourless so looks very natural.
- EOS lip balm £5 Still my go to lip balms. There’s something about that egg shape... it’s addictive! I ran out of sweet mint (my favourite colour and flavour) and have just cracked open Strawberry Sorbet.
- MAC Lipstick Japanese Maple £15 At one point I had around ten lip products in my handbag. I consider three to be an achievement. One balm, one lipstick, one gloss – okay?
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream £8.50 Standard. Always on hand. Great for chapped lips, cuticles, dry patches etc. That’s why this little 7ml handbag friendly tube comes in so handy.
- Benefit Gimme Brow £14 I shouldn’t be carrying this around with me on account of it running out too fast but what can I say, I’m hooked! Full review here.
- Bourjois CC Eye Cream £7.99 I keep this on hand for my pesky eye bags. Great for touch ups and packs enough punch to cover spots and red/discoloured patches.
- Revlon Lip Gloss Bellini £7.99. Probably my favourite lipgloss. Shiny, lustrous but never sticky.
- MAC 168 Brush £27 This mini 168 came with one of the Holiday brush sets. It’s small enough to fit in my bag and good enough for powder, blush and bronzer.
- Bourjois Khol & Contour Liner Brun & Caramel ... I hate to apply eye makeup first thing in the morning, that’s why I carry liners and mascara with me so I can add them at a later time. Normally around 10 o’clock when my face has woke up. This one’s my favourite everyday liner... hence the size of it.
- Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner Navy £12 I’ve got Glamour Magazine to thank for this beauty. Free with last month’s magazine (hope you got yours) and I’ve been addicted to it since. It’s a handy little product to have to take you from day to night when those after work cocktails come a calling.
- Lancôme La Vie Est Belle 10 ml perfume spray. Perfume bottles can be so heavy and clunky, this 10ml spray is perfect for the handbag. Sadly it's only available in a limited edition Christmas gift set.
- Clinique High Impact Mascara £17.50 Another Glamour freebie (available this month) When you’re carting 15+ products around it helps to have as many minis as possible.
- Paul & Joe Blotting Paper £4 I received these in the Selfridges Beauty Box (see it here) and they’re simply outstanding! Especially in this weather. Sometimes I need more than a little powder to control the shine.
- L’Occitane Hand Cream £6/10ml Made from 20% shea butter, it’s one of the best hand creams out there!
- The Balm How ‘Bout Them Apples? Cheek and Lip Cream in Pie. This little book palette is too cute! And as soon as I saw it in last month’s Birchbox (review here) I knew it was destined for my handbag. A multi tasking cream stain in a beautiful coral shade.
What are your handbag essentials?
Monday, 14 July 2014
Benefit POREfessional 7.5ml sample | £24.50/22ml
Weleda Sea Buckthorn Creamy Body Wash | £7.95/200ml
Thursday, 10 July 2014
Love holidays, hate flying. That’s me. And it’s not just the fear of flying, cramped spaces or sitting next to strangers with over familiar elbows. It also plays havoc with my skin. This time of year millions of us are preparing to embrace the long and short-haul but our bodies are yet to evolve to life at 35,000 feet. Even the short journey’s can leave us achy, bloated, parched and bloodshot! These tips will help you combat the side effects of flying and hopefully disembark at the other end looking refreshed.
Don’t forget your body
Water, Water and more Water!
Monday, 7 July 2014
Whenever I do a FOTD/WOMF post I get lots of complements about my skin (thank you kindly) and questions about my skincare. I've been promising an insight into my skincare regime and finally it's here... and guess what, it’s not ALL Liz Earle.
Step Five: Moisturise
Watch out for the morning edit coming soon!
Friday, 4 July 2014
“Frost” is my absolute favourite MAC blush finish. Just in case you don’t know, MAC powder blushes come in 5 finishes – Matte, Sheertone , Satin , Sheertone Shimer, Frost...