I was pretty shocked to discover I’ve been carting 15 products around in this teeny tiny make up bag, and there’s me thinking I’m low maintenance these days..
Left-right (sort of)
- MAC Blot Powder Medium Dark £20. My favourite handbag compact! The lightweight powder helps to set make up and rid the shine. I reach for this throughout the day for little touch ups. It combats shiny patches without being matte or powdery plus it’s more or less colourless so looks very natural.
- EOS lip balm £5 Still my go to lip balms. There’s something about that egg shape... it’s addictive! I ran out of sweet mint (my favourite colour and flavour) and have just cracked open Strawberry Sorbet.
- MAC Lipstick Japanese Maple £15 At one point I had around ten lip products in my handbag. I consider three to be an achievement. One balm, one lipstick, one gloss – okay?
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream £8.50 Standard. Always on hand. Great for chapped lips, cuticles, dry patches etc. That’s why this little 7ml handbag friendly tube comes in so handy.
- Benefit Gimme Brow £14 I shouldn’t be carrying this around with me on account of it running out too fast but what can I say, I’m hooked! Full review here.
- Bourjois CC Eye Cream £7.99 I keep this on hand for my pesky eye bags. Great for touch ups and packs enough punch to cover spots and red/discoloured patches.
- Revlon Lip Gloss Bellini £7.99. Probably my favourite lipgloss. Shiny, lustrous but never sticky.
- MAC 168 Brush £27 This mini 168 came with one of the Holiday brush sets. It’s small enough to fit in my bag and good enough for powder, blush and bronzer.
- Bourjois Khol & Contour Liner Brun & Caramel ... I hate to apply eye makeup first thing in the morning, that’s why I carry liners and mascara with me so I can add them at a later time. Normally around 10 o’clock when my face has woke up. This one’s my favourite everyday liner... hence the size of it.
- Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner Navy £12 I’ve got Glamour Magazine to thank for this beauty. Free with last month’s magazine (hope you got yours) and I’ve been addicted to it since. It’s a handy little product to have to take you from day to night when those after work cocktails come a calling.
- Lancôme La Vie Est Belle 10 ml perfume spray. Perfume bottles can be so heavy and clunky, this 10ml spray is perfect for the handbag. Sadly it's only available in a limited edition Christmas gift set.
- Clinique High Impact Mascara £17.50 Another Glamour freebie (available this month) When you’re carting 15+ products around it helps to have as many minis as possible.
- Paul & Joe Blotting Paper £4 I received these in the Selfridges Beauty Box (see it here) and they’re simply outstanding! Especially in this weather. Sometimes I need more than a little powder to control the shine.
- L’Occitane Hand Cream £6/10ml Made from 20% shea butter, it’s one of the best hand creams out there!
- The Balm How ‘Bout Them Apples? Cheek and Lip Cream in Pie. This little book palette is too cute! And as soon as I saw it in last month’s Birchbox (review here) I knew it was destined for my handbag. A multi tasking cream stain in a beautiful coral shade.