I think I may have just found my favourite hair tool... ever! I’ve been using the Remington Silk Waving Wand* for the past few weeks to create the most effortless silky waves. I’ve tried waving wands in the past, but I found them a bit tricky to use. I’d wrap my hair around the wand and it would just slide off! This one has what they call an elliptical barrel – it’s not perfectly round, more rectangular with rounded edges. So rather than getting perfect spiral curls, you get natural looking waves. Plus it's not tapered at the end so hair doesn't slide off - perfecto!
- Remington Silk Waving Wand comes with a heat protecting mitt and a mat/pouch to protect the surface and store the wand.
- The barrel is the same thickness throughout the length of the wand, which makes it easier to use – no sliding off and it means the curl/wave maintains its size even at the bottom.
- It has a ceramic coated barrel for even heat distribution and it’s what they call an Elliptical wand – see it has a slightly rectangular shape – for creating effortless waves, not perfect tight curls.
- You control the heat (between 120-220 degrees) with the digital display It heats up really fast – about 30 seconds.
- There’s a Temperature control lock function which means you won’t accidentally knock it off mid use - we've all done that!
It's got to be one of the quickest, simplest hair tools I've ever used....
TIP: If you want tight, neat waves, wrap the hair tighter around the wand and leave for longer. If you want nice, loose, beachy style waves (like mine) wrap the hair loosely and only hold it for a few seconds.
- Set the temperature - I’ve been using it on 190 degrees - my hair is fairly fine so that's plenty hot for me.
- Wrap the hair, small sections at a time, around the barrel, hold for up to ten seconds then let go.
- Once all the hair has been waved, allow to cool before combing through with a natural bristle brush.
- Look Fabulous darling!
It takes no more than ten minutes to curl the whole head and it lasts days - I'm completely hooked! What do you think? Available from Boots £34.99